Part-Time Shelter Staff (Fargo, ND)
Youthworks is seeking applicants to provide basic care and supervision for youth at its Attendant Care program and Short-Term Care and Assessment Center. This position entails supervision of youth, acting as a positive role model, performing initial intakes, creating structured activities, and promoting positive behaviors. This program is staffed 24-7. Must be willing to work some Holidays, weekends and overnights or early mornings when needed. No M-F day shifts are available at this time. Hiring for all other shifts.
Please submit Youthworks Application, cover letter, resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to: Katy Van Dyke, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentors & Case Aides – Youth Empowerment Mentoring Initiative (YEMI) (State Wide)
Youthworks is looking to hire mentors and case aides to provide supportive services to youth and adults in Bismarck, Fargo, and throughout North Dakota. Mentors and case aides should have strong relational skills and should be adept at managing their own schedules. The ability to receive feedback and maintain confidentiality is a must. Travel may be necessary for some.
- Provide emotional, social, and practical support within limits
- Role model healthy, trusting relationships by using clear communication and setting appropriate boundaries
- Assist mentees in meeting their individualized goals
- Acknowledge mentee’s strengths, talents, and gifts and find opportunities to use them
- Empower mentees to resolve personal issues through problem-solving model
- Participate in weekly activities outside of the home to expose mentees to new experiences and opportunities, connecting mentees to outside resources
- Complete thorough documentation of weekly activities
- Engage in clear communication with mentee, family, case manager, and YEMI project coordinator
- Participate in pre-match, post-match and other ongoing trainings
- Utilize supervision when needed and participate in quarterly meetings
- Incorporate skills taught in mentor trainings, supervision, and meetings
- Continuously challenge own practice by exploring personal thought processes, inherent biases, and values
- Complete other duties and activities as assigned
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Knowledge of one’s boundaries and biases
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Creativity and flexibility are essential in assuming significant responsibility
Mentors and case aides are asked to commit to a year of mentoring. Each mentoring relationship has a minimum expectation of 1-3 hours per week for a year. Mentors and case aides can have multiple mentees.
Mentors are compensated $12.50/hour; case aides’ compensation is dependent on experience. Mentors and case aides will be paid for one-to-one support, group participation, training, supervision, and meetings.
Gaurdian ad Litems Part-Time (Grand Forks, Minot & Devils Lake, North Dakota)
The North Dakota Guardian ad Litem Program promotes the child’s best interest and provides a voice for those children in court. The Guardian ad Litem is an objective and independent advocate for the best interest of the child.
Once assigned a case the Guardian ad Litem must:
- Review records
- Interview appropriate parties
- Determine if a permanent plan has been created and whether required services are being provided
- Submit reports to the court with recommendations. Attend and participate in all court hearings.
- $16.50-$22.00 an hour
To apply please send resume and cover letter with references to Lauren at email@example.com